Program and Media Manager
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying to the opening. To apply to the position, please click the Apply to this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Program and Media Manager|
|Type of Position||Administrative|
Reporting to the Director, the Program and Media Manager works closely with the Director and the Associate Director to develop and administer the Center’s programming (lectures, conferences, non-credit courses, etc.) and special projects and with the Creative Director to develop and maintain BCRW communications through social media. The Program and Media Manager serves as the manager of day-to-day operations for both BCRW’s programming and its communications. The Program and Media Manager writes the text for the copy in CenterNews, the Center’s biennial newsletter. The Program and Media Manager also works with the Student Coordinator to train and supervise the Center’s staff of 7-10 student employees.
|Department||Centr-Rsrch on Women|
|Reports to Title||Director, BCRW|
|Full or Part Time||Full Time|
|Number Of Months||12|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Number||2015 -00442- AS|
Position Summary Information
|Essential Duties Summary|
1. The Program Manager administers the operation of all Center programming.
2. Participates on the Center’s Advisory Board and Chairs the Programming Committee of the Board.
3. Aids the Director in conceptualizing and developing new programs.
4. Develops research on conference topics and potential speakers.
5. Develops and supervises special projects.
6. Serves as liaison between the Center and other College offices that work on events, including Communications, Special Events, Room Reservations and IMATS. Represents BCRW on relevant College Committees.
7. Manages promotion of Center events.
8. Manages all aspects of Center publications. Currently: A) supervises production of the biennial newsletter; B) conducts research and compiles bibliographic resources forBCRW publications; C) drafts language for all articles; D) manages mailing list and dissemination of publications; E) manages email newsletter; F) develops web announcements for events and publications.
9. Maintains content on BCRW website. Currently: A) update videos and ensure captioning; B) update event announcements.
10. Responsible for day-to-day social media communications. Currently: A) BCRWFacebook page; B) BCRW Twitter account.
11. Works with Student Coordinator to develop student publications. Currently: BCRWBlog and Dare to Use the F-Word podcast series.
Grants and BudgetsSupervising Students
12. Assist the Director and Associate Director in writing grant applications, in assessing grants and in writing grant reports.
13. Assist the Director and Associate Director in overseeing the BCRW budget and the budgets of grants.
14. Supervises team of student workers in areas relevant to Program and Media. Currently: A) to assist with all Center events; B) on communications, live-tweeting, blogging and podcasts.
15. Coordinates interactions between the Center and its various constituencies—the students, faculty, and administrators at the College, the national academy, and the public—on a daily basis. Currently: A) handles all aspects of working with faculty, students, administrators, speakers and the public on programming; B) responds to requests from the public; C) greets and assists all drop-in visitors to the Center; D) responds to inquiries from College administrators; F) arranges faculty talks and participation in the Center; G) works with the Programming Committee of the BCRWAdvisory Board.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
• Strong organizational, supervisory, and administrative abilities, as well as creativity, energy and flexibility
• Ability to work independently, to develop and execute projects on one’s own, and to work in partnership with others
• Excellent research, writing, and speaking skills
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to monitor budget expenditures
• Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of and strong interest in feminist and social justice issues
• Ability to interact courteously with all members of the College community and the public.
|Required Qualification Summary|
• BA degree and two or more years of administrative experience.
• Experience working with social media platforms
|Preferred Qualification Summary|
|Physical Demands Summary|
Posting Detail Information
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
This position has a June 29, 2015 start date
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application