Follow on Twitter
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
"Like" Feminist Job Board on Facebook to receive real time updates on the hottest new jobs as they are posted!
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Political Organizer For Women & Youth Programs
Source: Democracy International
Democracy International. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Closing date: August 30, 2012.
Closing date: August 30, 2012.
Description:Democracy International (DI) seeks a mid-level Political Organizer for Women & Youth Programs for a long-term assignment in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
DI is implementing a five-year USAID Democratic Participation and Reform program which seeks to promote broader participation in Bangladeshi Political parties, especially among women and youth, encourage support for internal political party reform, strengthen the capacity of parties to access and utilize information, and improve the environment for more responsive politics.
A core objective of this program is to increase the political engagement of women and young people in political parties and more broadly in national political activity. As a part of this objective, DI has developed a series of Women and Youth Centers throughout Bangladesh, which work directly with women, young people, local political parties, and grassroots groups.
- Managing program activities designed to increase the political participation of women and young people within the major political parties at the provincial and district level;
- Working with existing local advocacy groups and individuals to develop innovative approaches for increasing their access to and effectiveness within political parties;
- Providing advice and assistance to regional and local political party representatives to meet program objectives;
- Assisting in the planning, opening, and management of regional offices;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with donors, NGOs, local and international partners and others;
- Regularly traveling around the country to work with DI employees and local partners, oversee project performance, and meet reporting objectives;
- Conducting analysis and producing reports for DI’s headquarters, donors, and other institutions.
- The applicant must have experience in political party or community organizing at the grassroots level, campaign management, or public interest advocacy.
- She/he should be a seasoned political organizer with experience planning and running of large-scale political events with local or state party politics, or display related skills.
- The successful candidate will also have experience working in international development, preferably on a political party or civil society program.
- Qualified candidates will be flexible, culturally sensitive, and practical leaders with strong management skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience organizing and managing political events, either in a development context or for candidate campaigns or party committees;
- Experience establishing working relationships with political parties at the national and local levels;
- Experience with international political party or civil society programs, particularly involving grassroots capacity-building;
- Strong English-language oral and written communication skills;
- Experience living and working in a developing country;
- Willingness to relocate for a long-term position;
- Experience and demonstrated familiarity with government contracting will be considered favorably.
To Apply:Please apply online at: http://jobs.democracyinternational.com/jobs/326000
Closing date: 30 August 2012.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article License: Copyright - Article License Holder: Democracy International