Technology OfficerPosted on: May 31, 2013
Posted by: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is a not-for-profit membership organization supporting over 57,000 members/physicians across the country. Our organization supports the nation's leading group of professionals providing health care for women. Located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! Benefits include health and dental insurance, employer funded retirement plan, public transportation subsidy, use of the free on-site fitness center, and more! To learn more about our organization, please visit our Website at www.acog.org!
We are looking for a Technology Officer who will oversee the full IT infrastructure including but not limited to application and systems, network, websites and intranet, mobile applications, desktop support, and new products. Additionally, this position champions the capabilities and mission of the organization's technology department as it relates to internal project teams and the company as a whole.
Strategy and Planning
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in governance processes of the organization's architecture, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Develop and present business and technology initiatives and alignment plans to the executive team and other stakeholders.
- Define requirements for new technology (e.g. digital products) development and implementation and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Review all hardware and software contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Develop meaningful service-delivery metrics and ensure that such metrics are properly measured, including website metrics using products such as Google Analytics.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Build, maintain, measure, and constantly improve a culture of customer service excellence.
- Develop multi-year budgets and plans to ensure ACOG's infrastructure and support teams are responsive to evolving technology needs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, business administration, or other related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive professional experience with at least 5 years in management.
- Proven track record of implementing successful and innovative technological solutions. Experience leading diverse teams and ability in driving productive change and fostering a culture of trust and collaboration.
- Strong project management and systems analysis experience. Background in evaluating, selecting, and operating digital platforms and applications such Content Management Systems (CMS) as well as marketing-related software and database applications such as email and CRM.
- Experience with cross-platform digital product development, implementation and/or operations (e.g., websites, e-commerce capabilities, mobile sites, apps).
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation to connect with technical and non-technical audience.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to prepare boxes for shipping, file documents or store materials.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume online at:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application system does not provide a specific place for you to upload/input your cover letter. Please remember to upload/paste your cover letter AND resume as one document.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.