Marketing & Outreach CoordinatorPosted on: November 5, 2013
Posted by: Women Make Movies
Women Make Movies is seeking an energetic, dedicated and highly motivated full-time Marketing and Outreach Coordinator. This person will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all areas of marketing, specifically, outreaching and marketing the WMM collection of films to educational, community and cultural organizations. In addition, this person will update and maintain the WMM website, WMM's presence on social networking sites, and develop new Web and organizational partnerships to publicize WMM campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for someone with web, outreach and marketing skills to work collaboratively with the sales and marketing department. Ideal candidate will have a passion for feminist, political and cultural activism and be enthusiastic and creative about using the internet and emerging digital strategies to market the WMM collection of films.
Founded in 1972, Women Make Movies (WMM) is a non-profit feminist, media arts organization dedicated to the distribution and exhibition of films by and about women. With a collection of more than 500 titles, WMM is the largest distributor of films by and about women in the world. WMM also facilitates the production of feminist media through a Production Assistance (PA) Program, which includes a workshop series and a fiscal sponsorship program.
- 2+ years professional experience in coordinating and executing outreach and marketing campaigns in a film and/or media environment using varied online tools including email programs. Grassroots outreach experience a plus.
- Excellent writing skills. Experience with publications and direct mail a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based marketing activities (emails, blogs, tagging, social networking, viral marketing, SEO, Google adwords and analytics) and online videos. Some experience with HTML and web design preferred.
- Excellent research, analytic, administrative and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and as a team.
- Team player, flexibility, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format.
- Enthusiasm and passion for WMM. Sense of humor a plus.
Email, fax or mail your resume, along with a letter noting relevant experience and salary requirements/history to:
Women Make Movies
ATTN: Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
115 West 29th Street, Suite 1200
New York, NY 10001
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please send documents in doc or pdf form as attachments)
Subject Line: Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Women Make Movies offers a competitive salary, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid medical and dental insurance, long term disability, retirement plan, vacation, and paid holidays. Women Make Movies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, lesbians, and older women to apply.