Job posted by: Feminist Women's Health Center
Posted on: April 7, 2014
Health EducatorSalary: $10/hour
To Apply: Send letter of intention (see below) and resume.
Email only. No calls about this position, please.
*To be considered for Health Educator, please include in your cover letter which position you are applying for, a personal statement about being pro-choice, and why you would like to work for the Feminist Women's Health Center.
This position will work closely with other clinic staff, providing health and appointment information over the phone, scheduling appointments, checking in clients, verifying insurance, and advocating for clients.
• Perform client interpretation and advocacy.
• Educate clients on all information necessary for understanding 1st and 2nd trimester abortion.
• Educates patients on all information necessary for understanding pregnancy options, birth control methods, STI testing and prevention, wellness appointments, and referrals
• Reviews charts for completion and relevant medical histories and secures client/staff signatures where appropriate.
• Keeps up with the weekly task schedule and abides by any other organizing/cleaning in the clinic.
• Responds appropriately to client concerns.
• Maintains current CPR certification for the duration of employment.
• Maintains client confidentiality consistent with HIPAA regulations and FWHC policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the admissions supervisor, other managers and/or flow facilitator.
• Punctual and contributes to team development and positivity during long hours.
• Compassion and dedication to a quality-driven environment
• Ability to provide information in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
• Flexibility in handling multiple tasks and working in different areas.
• Ability to prioritize and perform tasks under pressure.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to make judgment decisions within the scope of assigned task.
• Interpersonal skills, the ability to initiate and conduct two-way communication in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
• Pro-Choice • Unwavering commitment to reproductive choice and gender freedom • Interest in women's health
• Bilingual in Spanish • Bachelor's degree • Previous healthcare experience
The Feminist Women's Health Center provides accessible, comprehensive gynecological healthcare to all who need it without judgment. As innovative healthcare leaders, we work collaboratively within our community and nationally to promote reproductive health, rights and justice. We advocate for wellness, uncensored health information and fair public policies by educating the larger community and empowering our clients to make their own decisions.
How to apply
Only applications containing resume and letter of intention will be considered. No phone calls, please.
- 1924 Cliff Valley Way NE, Atlanta, GA, 30329, US
- Start date
- April 23, 2014
- Application deadline
- April 30, 2014
- Education requirements
- Languages needed
- Employment type
- Full time
- Professional level
- Entry level
- Job function
- Owner's areas of focus