Seeking an experienced and tech-savvy candidate to provide administrative, operational, and program support to the Executive Director and other departments at a vibrant legal non-profit organization that advocates for women and girls. This position pays $20-25/hour DOE with the opportunity for permanent and salaried placement (with benefits) after a probationary period.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Executive Director with daily administrative duties, including accounting, and managing Executive Director's calendar;
• Serve as primary liaison to the ERA Board of Directors, coordinating communications, scheduling meetings, and performing administrative/secretarial duties;
• Provide administrative support to various ERA departments;
• Must be capable of opening office by 8:55 a.m. each day;
• Responsible for daily office operations (processing mail, maintaining supplies, overseeing equipment, and other duties as assigned);
• Assist with technical needs of office and coordinate with outside vendors; • Create and update documents and spreadsheets (typically advanced level MS Excel and MS Word required) • Assist with special events, both internal and external, as needed; • Assist ED with various human resources functions, including office orientations for new staff, volunteers and interns; • Assist Development, Finance and Legal Departments with special projects as needed.
• Minimum three years relevant and stable office experience;
• BA or equivalent; bilingual in Spanish and English a plus;
• Legal experience is a strong plus, as is experience assisting ED and/or Executive Board of a non-profit organization; • Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook;
• High comfort with office systems and technology; experience handling technology needs of small office; • Intermediate database skills in Access or Filemaker Pro or Raiser's Edge a plus;
• Highly organized and punctual;
• Excellent written and verbal and communications skills;
• Ability to interact professionally with coworkers, Board members, and members of the public; • Ability to problem-solve, demonstrate sound judgment and maintain strict confidentiality; • Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and willingness to learn new things and take on challenges; • Operate multi-line phone system, office equipment including copier, fax machine, mailing machine, computer;
• Unimpeded use of upper extremities and ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and (optional) 2-page maximum professional writing sample to the attention of Noreen Farrell at email@example.com. No calls please. Position open until filled, so apply immediately. ERA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQI individuals.