Paralegal: Civil Legal Representation ProjectPosted on: October 6, 2014
Posted by: Huntingdon House
- Conduct client interviews and maintain general contact with clients of the Huntingdon County Civil Legal Representation Project, who are victims of domestic violence, including conducting interviews and general contact at rural meeting sites.
- Conduct web-based case law, statutory and regulatory research.
- Maintain court schedule and calendar.
- Maintain legal project records and filing system.
- Draft and edit legal documents, correspondence and pleadings under the supervision of The Project Director.
- At least one year of legal assistant experience in a litigation and family law practice, or a public interest law firm or similar setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of unique issues facing rural victims of domestic violence is preferred.
- Must possess excellent writing, proofreading, professional telephone skills and a willingness to develop and learn new skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated word processing required, knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, West Law and case management software is desirable.
- The provision of Domestic Violence services with a client empowerment and feminist perspective
- The struggle against ageism, classism, racism, ableism, homophobia, and heterosexism
- Support and involvement of all racial, social, ethnic, religious, cultural, and economic groups
HOW TO APPLY