Research & Data ManagerPosted on: October 9, 2013
Posted by: Planned Parenthood
For nearly a century, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has fought for a world where every woman has immediate and unfettered access to the basic reproductive care and knowledge that is her human right. With its 70 affiliates managing nearly 800 health centers nationwide, Planned Parenthood provides family planning and reproductive health care services, education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people each year.
Planned Parenthood's Research Department is looking for a Research & Data Manager to join its team. Working with a substantial degree of independence, yet under the direction of the National Director of Research and senior research staff, this Research & Data Manager will perform a variety of complex research and analytical tasks including: research design, data management, and analyses; coordinating research projects; compilation of information and writing reports, including publishable products. Additionally, he/she will train and supervise research interns that periodically work within the Research Department.
- Implement data analyses using SPSS, Stata or another social science analysis package;
- Gather and synthesize information, including literature reviews.
- Assist with IRB-related preparation.
- Manage analysis of data and the writing up of findings.
- Design, format, and proofread survey instruments, with direction from senior staff.
- Supervise all tasks related to maintaining proper documentation of research activities and archiving of project files concerning data collection.
- Serve as project manager and work closely with project staff to oversee budget and staffing needs, while monitoring project schedules and work plan.
- Assist in various aspects of proposal development, such as developing analysis plans and budget estimates for research activities.
- Master's degree in a relevant social science, health, statistics, or demographic field.
- 5 years of directly related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex coding and data analysis procedures using statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata or SAS.
- Experience analyzing patient visit data and/or large longitudinal datasets.
- Experience with various quantitative analysis techniques such as survival analysis, propensity score matching, time series, GEE, etc.
- Ability to liaise with and professionally manage communication with: consultants, collaborators, and/or organizations.
- Solid communication, organizational and management skills.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus and innovation.