Technical Advisor, Health Communications, Mali
Job posted by: Population Services International
Posted on: January 23, 2014
More / LessJob description
Population Services International is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. www.psi.org
PSI seeks candidates for the position of Technical Advisor, Health Communication in its Mali platform. This position is proposed for an anticipated new program focused on behavior change communications to improve health outcomes.
The candidate will directly assist the Chief of Party (COP) in the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of health communication interventions, including mass media, interpersonal communication and community mobilization. S/he will strengthen the capacity of platform programs, communications and research staff to design, implement and evaluate state-of- the-art evidence driven health communication initiatives that increase comprehensive knowledge and deepen understanding of priority health issues, promote positive health behaviors, and strengthen demand for key health services. The position is based in Bamako, Mali and reports to the Chief of Party.
- Masters in Public Health or equivalent post-graduate degree or experience, with specific emphasis on health communication, promotion and/or education.
- Minimum seven years experience with progressively increasing responsibility in: designing, managing and implementing complex, large scale health communication programs in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners
- Knowledge of cross-cutting public health issues (TB, HIV, maternal and child health and reproductive health)
- Ability to work with a network of local NGO to implement behavior change communications at the community level
- Must have strong writing and oral presentation skills and excellent command of French and English languages.
More / LessLocation
- Bamako, BKO, Mali
More / LessDetails
- Education requirements
- Employment type
- Full time
- Professional level
- None specified
- Job function
- Owner's areas of focus
- International cooperation, Public Health, Child Survival, Community development, Reproductive Health, International, Global Health, Network of nonprofits, Capacity Building, HIV, Family Plann, Marketing, Men, Social Marketing, Tuberculosis, Sexual Health, Women, Family Planning And Reproductive Health Issues, Hiv / Aids, PSI, International relations, Malaria, Health and medicine, Family Planning, International Development