Knowledge Building Strategist
Gender at Work is looking for a Knowledge Building Strategist to catalyze and coordinate knowledge building and knowledge outreach across our change interventions and network.
Deadline: June 16, 2014
Location: Any where in the world
Organization: Gender at Work
Background: Gender at Work is a transnational network of individuals and organizations located at the intersection of theory and practice which works to end discrimination against women and advance cultures of equality. We mobilize top-notch thinkers, analysts, and activists to build cutting-edge knowledge and change interventions and unleash individual and collective capacities for gender justice that are unique, grounded and politically conscious. We work to build a field of thinking and practice by taking these innovations to an ever-widening community of individuals, organizations, movements and teaching institutions committed to this goal.
We are looking for a person to catalyze and coordinate knowledge building and knowledge outreach across our change interventions and network. The Knowledge Building Strategist will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- In consultation with G@W’s ED, Associates, Board and staff, develop a clear, useful and innovative knowledge building strategy for G@W which involves both knowledge creation and aggregation of innovations across the field
- Identify cutting edge issues and strategies across G@W programs and products and advise and support Associates and network members to capture learning on critical pathways of change, successes and challenges in line with the knowledge strategy.
- In consultation with the ED, assist with the development of funding proposals to pursue the knowledge strategy.
- Working with the Communications Strategist, design and facilitate learning and knowledge building and sharing activities across the G@W network.
- Design processes for storytelling and case studies (video, audio, written) for publication and dissemination through on-line media.
- In consultation with the ED and Director of Operations assist in donor reporting on learning from G@W programs and initiatives
- Develop and test with Associates and network members, meaningful measures of progress on G@W’s strategic learning objectives.
- In coordination with G@W’s Communications Strategist, identify, develop and facilitate on-line learning and sharing opportunities (such as webinars, on-line discussions etc. across programs, regions and the network as a whole).
- Develop and implement a G@W on-line publication series
- Identify opportunities for new program initiatives to advance theory-practice in line with our strategic goals and organizational growth.
This would be a half-time position based anywhere in the world. Travel is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the theory and practice of gender equality and institutional change, feminism and women’s rights, sustainable development, organizational development and learning, systems, power analysis and innovations in measuring social change.
- Proven ability to work in a flexible environment with high-level thinkers.
- A systems-thinker with proven ability to design and implement knowledge building strategies across diverse initiatives and communities globally.
- Proven ability to capture complex ideas, draw comparisons, generate knowledge and communicate key learnings to diverse audiences.
- Excellent writing skills, and proven proposal writing skills, in particular. Fluent in English and preferably one other language.
- Experience in working across countries and regions to build learning networks
- Creative strategist and self-starter.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a writing sample to Tania Principe, Director of Operations at Gender at Work, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16th 2014. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.