Feminist Job Board is hiring!
Are you a social-media and communications savvy feminist from Northern/Central/West Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Central and South America? Are you energetic, passionate, and love connecting to new people and organizations?
Do you have seven hours a week, and a desire to be a part of the largest, fastest-growing feminist job search site in the world? Want the opportunity to gain valuable experience and INCREDIBLE personal connections to the top feminist and social justice organizations globally?
Apply now for this one of a kind opportunity to get connected and make a difference!
Feminist Job Board Regional Intern Requirements
Knowledge of feminist organizations, groups, networks and actors within your region
Strong communication and social media skills
Enthusiastic personality and deep commitment to feminist values
Creative, flexible and motivated
Fluent in English and at least one other language spoken in the region
One hour a day, for a total of seven hours a week
Minimum commitment of one month
· Research all relevant job boards and job lists for women’s rights, feminist and social justice oriented jobs within your region.
· Create a list of these job boards, lists and sites with links, post this list to the Feminist Job Board google Drive.
· Check in daily with these job boards, lists and sites.
· At least once a week check more mainstream job boards for jobs in your region: eg. Monster, Idealist, AWID job board, google search.
· Post the most interesting jobs on Facebook at least twice a week, with bitly links to the FJB blog.
· Do not post more than one job a day unless there is a particularly compelling job; do not post less than two jobs per week.
· Use large, compelling, relevant photos.
· Tag & follow hiring organizations.
· Update the FJB blog twice weekly with the jobs that you have found.
· Add at least 7 new jobs every week
· Tweet and retweet daily new jobs in your region from the FJB twitter account.
· Respond to interactions (stay positive, check in with supervisor before responding to negativity)
· Retweet mentions
· Tag & follow hiring organizations
· Reach out to feminist organizations in your region offering to post their jobs and letting them know about our organization
· Join feminist Facebook groups in your region and advertise the services of feminist job board
· Serve as a contact point for feminist organizations in your region
How to Apply
Please send your CV, a short cover letter outlining your interest in the position and your relevant experience, and a brief statement explaining 1) why you identify as a feminist and 2) what it means to you to be a feminist within your national and cultural context to email@example.com.
Please note this is an unpaid, remote internship. FJB interns are giving a great deal of responsibility and freedom and have the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with leading feminist organizations, movements and networks around the world. FJB is a trusted name for feminist organizations. Our total audience is over 10,000 feminists around the world wide and it is our intention to double our following over the next year.