Position Announcement: Stalking Resource Center Program Associate or Program Attorney
The Stalking Resource Center (SRC) of the National Center for Victims of Crime is seeking a dynamic, analytical individual who has a comprehensive understanding of violence against women, can translate complex technologies into simple language, is fearless speaking in front of groups ranging from 10 to 1000, has experience developing training and knowledge of adult learning theories, is comfortable with uncertainty, loves to travel, and is passionate about crime victims’ rights. As part of a program that provides training and technical assistance across the United States, the Program Associate/Program Attorney is expected to bring significant experience working on crime victim issues, ideally on violence against women issues/concerns, on a local or state level, and the ability to generalize their experiences to a national audience.
The Program Associate/Program Attorney will conduct training nationwide on stalking for criminal justice personnel, victim service providers, and other professionals who are addressing stalking in their communities. The Program Associate/Program Attorney will be expected to remain current on the latest developments and trends associated with stalking and to translate this knowledge into curricula, resources, and materials for the field. Since SRC projects are collaborative efforts on the part of National Center staff, the Program Associate/Program Attorney should be able to work as part of a team while also being responsible for individual task management and completion.
· Conduct training for multi-disciplinary audiences on stalking and related topics (Overall, 50-75% of time will be spent on training and associated travel; frequent, often weekly, multi-day/night travel required).
· Develop training curricula and resource materials.
· Respond to requests for technical assistance, information, resources, and/or training on all aspects of stalking and related issues.
· Keep informed of current developments and trends regarding stalking and related issues.
· Identify jurisdictions and agencies with innovative or exceptional responses to stalking.
· Develop original materials based upon research for publication.
· Participate in conference and meeting planning and facilitation.
· Promote awareness of the Stalking Resource Center and its services and resources.
· Minimally, 3-4 years of experience working on crime victim related issues, with an emphasis on stalking, domestic violence, or sexual assault. Experience working in or with the criminal justice system preferred.
· Minimally, 2-3 years of experience providing training to multidisciplinary audiences.
· Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience developing trainings and curriculum.
· Superior public speaking capabilities. Ability to explain complex technologies.
· Strong research and writing capabilities. Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a team. Accept, act upon, and offer constructive criticism. Approach situations with a sense of humor.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint. Strong computer skills.
· Commitment to the rights and dignities of all victims.
· Dedication to social justice.
· Knowledge of or experience working with marginalized populations including people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI populations.
· Current or former law enforcement strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Benefits: Generous benefits are offered to full-time employees, including health insurance, 401 (k) plan, disability insurance, life insurance, and four weeks vacation a year.
Location: The position is located in our office in Washington, DC. We are located near several Metrorail stations on the red, blue, and orange lines.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title and your last name in the subject line. Please save your cover letter and resume as LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_COVER_LETTER and LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_RESUME.
In your cover letter, please include a summary of all education/training you have provided including topics, length of presentations, size of audience, and type of audience. Also, please indicate what type of learner you are (using the assessment at http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/) and discuss how this effects how you design trainings.
The position will remain open until it is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.