Data AnalystPosted on: July 1, 2013
Application deadline: July 10, 2013
Posted by: Grace Institute
Grace Institute provides tuition-free, practical job training in a supportive learning community for underserved New York area women of all ages and from many different backgrounds. In the tradition of its founding family, Grace Institute is dedicated to the development of the personal and business skills necessary for self-sufficiency, employability and an improved quality of life.
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the building of a new online program database by collecting, organizing and reviewing diverse streams of inter-departmental data; correctly and efficiently entering the data onto an Excel template; and migrating organizational data into the database. The assistant will also be responsible for maintaining data integrity by cross-checking information against original sources.
- Compiles and organizes multiple streams of original data sources in various formats (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Sorts and verifies the accuracy of data, comparing data with source documents in order to detect deficiencies. Locates and corrects data-entry errors or returns incomplete documents to manager for resolution.
- Enters data onto single Excel spreadsheet or to organization database by inputting alphabetic and numeric information according to specifically designated format.
- Verifies entered client and organizational data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Maintains client confidence and protects organizational operations by keeping information confidential. Maintains logs of activities and completed work.
- Consistently exhibits Grace core values during the performance of job.
- Attends staff training and meetings as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. required
- Has experience building and/or operating an online database, such as Salesforce, eTapestry or Raiser's Edge.
- Displays superior organization and coordination skills and is able to work seamlessly with multiple departments.
- Exhibits excellent computer skills and is especially proficient in advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups and Pivot Tables.
- Displays superior critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Is detail-orientated, has excellent data-entry, proofreading, and typing skills
- Maintains professional personal presentation
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter that concisely and sufficiently addresses 1) why you would like to join Grace Institute and 2) how your experience has prepared you for the challenge of this role. Please include Data Analyst in your subject heading. The application deadline is July 10, 2013. No phone calls please.