Program and Special Projects AssociatePosted on: July 1, 2013
Application deadline: September 1, 2013
Posted by: YWCA of the City of New York
YWCA of the City of New York is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace. justice, freedom and dignity for all. The Programs and Special Projects Assistant provides administrative and research support to programs. This position requires outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects. The Program and Special Projects Associates must have the capacity to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, volunteers and the public. The ideal canidate is flexible, creative and results oriented. The Program and Special Projects Associate reports directly to the Chielf Program Officer.
- Create and maintain program division calendars
- Assist with the planning and the coordination of program division events and staff development initiatives
- Facilitate the purchase of materials and supplies for all program division
- Manage administrative files, databases and project management tools.
- Assist with clerical and general office duties for senior program team
- Manage the flow of materials and supplies for programs
- Assist with the coordination of special projects within program division and agency-wide
- Conduct research for special projects initiatives and program related activities
- Coordinate and manage program related communications in collaboration with the Chief Program Officer
- Assist with the coordination volunteer recruitment and selection
- Supervise interns, volunteers and support personnel as necessary
- Interact with volunteers, staff, and consultants, partnering agencies and / or public.
- Fulfilling all other duties deemed vital to the organization
- An undergraduate degree from a competitive college
- A minimum of 2-3 years work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
- Ability to conduct research and summarize data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and web based tools required; desktop publishing a plus
- Strong commitment to YWCA NYC mission
- Ability to work with a wide range of constituencies within a diverse team
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Resume3@ywcanyc.org