AWID's Feminist Resource Mobilization program undertakes research, advocacy and capacity building to revolutionize approaches to funding, fundraising, resource mobilization for women's rights organizing. The program aims to ultimately strengthen women's rights organizations and their work, shift discourse between funders and activists, and increase the quality and quantity of resources available. The FRM program also seeks to give visibility to the tremendous impact of women's rights organizations and their transformative power through cutting-edge analysis and communications strategies. The program focuses on political nuancing of resources through:
• research filling in the gaps in knowledge around resources, funding trends, and monitoring and evaluation and learning systems and frameworks; • convening of funders and activists to change the way discussions on resources and impact take place and advance collective movement agendas; • capacity building for donors and activists to increase and improve the funding for women's rights and gender equality as well as sharpen impact analysis and communication.
Overview of Position
The FRM Program Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for the following:
• Contributes to the programmatic and research outputs of the initiative, • Coordinates several specific projects within FRM work plan, • Provides content, and logistical support for initiative activities, events and meetings, • Actively participates in team- and organization- learning and development processes.
The Program Coordinator reports to the FRM Manager.
Work location of the position is open.
Research Design and Implementation
• Works with the FRM Manager to identify and design research priorities for the program • Coordinates preparations for each of the regional or population specific convening's including compiling research findings and content • Develops and implements research plan related to FRM research priorities, including but not limited to: • Survey development, dissemination and analysis • Conducting literature reviews, identifying and analyzing key documents • Identifying relevant stakeholders for interviews, designing, conducting and analyzing interviews • Coordinates research team, including AWID staff and external consultants, and external stakeholder input (women's organizations and donor representatives), as appropriate • Researches and creates briefing material to keep FRM team up to date on current issues and trends
Information and Communications
• In collaboration with Production and Events team, helps to prepare detailed production schedules—including timing of consultant contracts, draft reviews and comments, final editing and proofreading, translation, design, printing, and dissemination—for the initiative's information products • Coordinates tracking monitoring and evaluation of projects within the program • Receives messages sent to program e-mail and responds to queries or forwards to relevant staff for response, as appropriate • Updates and maintains the program's database of contacts, compiles publication and information distribution lists • Coordinates Feminist Resource Mobilization Hub on awid.org by: o Sourcing and posting relevant information in relevant languages in accordance with established criteria and timeframes o Preparing and/or editing FRM in-depth interviews, case studies or materials for web publication on RMH page o Cross-posts website updates on social media for FRM program and AWID
Advocacy and Alliance-Building
• Liaises with research stakeholders (interviewees, case study authors, partner organizations, contractors/consultants, etc.)to provide feedback on research products, or follow-up on deadlines • Liaises with key partners like INWF, FIMI, and regional women's funds and networks around ongoing and coming up collaborations • Represents AWID in key international venues as needed • Participates and inputs into AWID's analysis for the UN processes, such as Post 2015 etc requiring FRM analysis
Capacity-Building and Strategic Convening's
• Coordinates the logistics communications to internal and external stakeholders for meetings and other activities related to FRM • Participates in regular coordination meetings with other teams within AWID and externally • Participates in organizing FRM sessions at external convening's to showcase research and analysis produced by the program and/or strategize or confer/consult with key partners and allies • Coordinates online and in person capacity building projects for movement building and feminist resource mobilization • Contributes to project design and implementation for FRM program
• Follows program's monitoring & evaluation plan to track and record relevant evaluation data • Participates and contributes to FRM team coordination and planning meetings • Participates actively in organizational meeting venues (office and staff meetings) and committees • Develops and monitors individual work plan that will document the timeline, requirements and deadlines to follow • Maintains collaborative relationships with staff across AWID to facilitate contact and communication • Ensures the timely and effective implementation of deliverables linked to individual work plans, including all activities, reports and evaluations
• 4-6 years experience: • working for a non-profit organization in a related role • working with non-profit organizations based in the Global South and/or Central and Eastern Europe • working in a multi-cultural team • Conducting research, including collecting, analyzing, and presenting data and report-writing • Preparing, writing and editing research for publication • Advocacy initiatives or influence strategies • Resource mobilization
• University degree in Social Sciences
Expertise & Skills:
• Familiarity with basic characteristics of different funding sectors (bilateral or multilateral aid agencies, private foundations, international NGOs, and/or women's funds) • Familiarity with elements of feminist theory and women's rights frameworks • Excellent interpersonal understanding, relationship building and interpersonal skills to build strong alliances with diverse constituencies and manage complex politics, positioning and relationships • Strong written communication skills including editing and analysis in English • Strong verbal communication in English able to convey information clearly, concisely and in a compelling way and o Strong public speaking abilities • Innovative and flexible; manages change • Results oriented and takes initiative • Demonstrated capacity to coordinate projects and establish focus (develop, communicate, monitor & evaluate) operational plans with multiple deliverables and deadlines and ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes • Demonstrated capacity to think strategically & analytically; expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills • Strong time management, detail orientation and thoroughness of work • Stress Management; ability to manage role demands • Highly computer literate, including: o Database maintenance and usage (FileMaker, Access etc..) o Statistical package proficiency (e.g. SPSS) and online survey software (e.g. Survey Monkey) o MS Office Suite, presentation packages, Internet, and email • Ability to work independently and as part of a team • Ability to work remotely as part of a virtual team
Knowledge and Other Requirements:
• Able to travel internationally (approx. 5 weeks per year) • Committed to the principles and values of feminism and anti-racism
• Specialized research experience in related areas such as funding trends, women's rights organizing, social movements • Courses or certificates in Women's/Feminist Studies, Political Economy or Human Rights considered an asset • Training or facilitation experience • Preference for bilingual/trilingual applicants (English and Spanish and/or French) • Knowledge of Arabic or Russian
Compensation: AWID offers a competitive salary and group and RRSP benefits package, with generous annual leave provisions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit, in English- a cover letter and résumé in Word or PDF format, addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlining why you want to work for AWID, to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28, 2014. Please include "Feminist Resource Mobilization-Program Coordinator" as the subject line of your email.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please. AWID encourages, promotes and support diversity in all aspects of its work. To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.