VP of Education & TrainingPosted on: August 13, 2014
Posted by: Careers In Nonprofits, Inc.
Job location: South Suburbs, IL
Employment type: Full-time, permanent
Salary range: 100,000-125,000
Job SummaryCAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector. We are currently in search of a Sr. VP of Education & Training for an Association.
The Sr. VP of Education & Training will oversee the recruiting, training, supervision of the Education & Training department. S/He will be responsible for the strategic vision and development of the department, and will also oversee the execution of conferences, seminars, and other programs. This position reports to the Executive Vice President.
- Successfully implement strategic plan and contribute to the overall goals of the organization
- Manage, develop, and evaluate the performance of a team of approximately 10-15 staff
- Strengthen the brand of the Association through Programs and Education
- Manage the budget of the department
- Advance the Online Campus program by implementing quality content to create a successful and pleasing experience for users
- Streamline all Training and Education programs in a cost effective manner.
- Deliver written and oral presentations to the department to provide counseling as needed by staff
- Strategically manage the growth of the Education and Training program by increasing profit margins and reducing expenses
- Use best business practice to develop a successful revenue generating technical curriculum
- Create and evaluate all reports and data for training and education programs
- Manage both external and internal relations and collaboration for the department
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or related degree preferred
- 7-10 years of business leadership experience required
- 4-5 years of experience in an education and training department required
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in digital and online development
- Successful background implementing best business practices
- Proven leadership experience and ability to manage staff at various levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to create and manage cohesive teams
- Experience working in Learning Management Systems
- Ability to travel nationally; some international travel may be required
How to ApplyIf you or a friend may be interested in pursuing this opportunity please submit a resume to email@example.com with "VP of Education" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
For more information about us and our other available opportunities, please visit our web site at www.careersinnonprofits.com. While you're there, "Register as a Candidate" today. You can also get all of our job announcements and job search tips by liking us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CareersInNonprofits) or following us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/careers-in-nonprofits).