Publications CoordinatorPosted on: August 11, 2014
Posted by: General Federation of Women's Clubs
Employment type: Full-time
Salary range: 34,000 - 37,000
Benefits: 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; employer matching retirement benefits; paid holiday, vacation, and sick days; and more
Job location: Dupont Circle area of Washington, DC
Job SummaryThe General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC), a nonprofit, volunteer service organization, is seeking a talented and dedicated Publications Coordinator to steer the design of the organization's external and internal digital and print communications materials. Reporting directly to the Communications Director, the Publications Coordinator produces engaging, high-quality designs for a variety of publications and digital platforms, including a bi-monthly magazine, social media, brochures, logos, and the transition to a redesigned website. S/he is also responsible for working collaboratively with staff and will take a lead role in the transition of the organization's magazine from print to digital.
- Produces high-quality designs for a variety of publications and digital platforms.
- Provides lead layout design on bi-monthly GFWC Clubwoman Magazine.
- Will assist in the transition of GFWC Clubwoman Magazine from print to digital.
- Assists with production, distribution, and management of organization's publications, communications, and materials.
- Supports and maintains organization website.
- Coordinates and executes post-production checklist.
- Develops and maintains design standards for the organization, and updates style guide as necessary.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest design techniques and software.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Leading design projects from concept through completion.
- Experience with multipage documents such as magazines and brochures.
- Interactive digital design, including web graphics, e-newsletters, infographics, and other digital publications.
- Image sourcing through stock image websites.
- Junior-level graphic design experience, production, project coordination, and desktop publishing.
- One to three years of related experience, preferably at a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, standard CMS systems, and blog platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively.
- Highly resourceful, flexible, entrepreneurial, with an excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in an environment where each employee assumes multiple responsibilities.
- Team-focused and willing to assist other departments as needed.
- Commitment to team-based brainstorming, planning, and decision-making.
- Enthusiasm for volunteer service and an interest in community
- development initiatives.
How to ApplyThis organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your cover letter, resume, portfolio/link to an online portfolio, and salary requirements to PR@GFWC.org with Publications Coordinator as the subject. Please note: Applications that do not include salary requirements will not be considered.