Philanthropy AdministratorPosted on: August 6, 2014
Posted by: Imagine Housing
Employment type: Full-time
Job location: Kirkland, WA
Salary range: 33,280 - 43,680
Benefits: paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution
Who is Imagine Housing?Imagine Housing is the primary developer of permanent affordable rental housing in East King County, Washington. We are a leader in providing person-centered, strengths-based supportive services ranging from early childhood and after-school programs to case management and community building events at our properties.
Our organization is sensitive to the needs of diverse communities and is committed to cross-cultural competence. Imagine Housing empowers individuals and families, supports diversity and strengthens communities. We make it possible for veterans, seniors, survivors of domestic violence, young adults aging out of foster care and low-income working families to live in and thrive on the Eastside.
Job SummaryImagine Housing seeks an organized, detail-oriented and motivated individual to join the Imagine Housing Philanthropy Team. The Philanthropy Administrator will be the main "keeper of information" and database administrator. The Philanthropy Administrator's dedicated support will enable Imagine Housing to build authentic, meaningful and lasting relationships with Imagine Housing's supporters. The Philanthropy Administrator also will offer critical administrative support to the Annual Fund Manager, Director of Philanthropy and Executive Director.
The position reports to the Director of Philanthropy, with the potential for growth and leadership in this nimble and ever-growing organization. This position also offers a tremendous opportunity for the right person to join our staff, Board, and over 150 volunteers in building and preserving high quality affordable housing and delivering supportive services to low-income individuals and families in East King County.
Primary DutiesDatabase Management (50%):
- Input, track and update donor information in Raiser's Edge.
- Enter and process all gifts received and ensure they are coded correctly.
- Work with, train and support the Philanthropy Team and Executive Director in entering notes, actions, and tracking relationships and proposals.
- Conduct quarterly maintenance within Raiser's Edge to ensure data integrity.
- Create reports and complex queries as requested to support fundraising goals.
- Create and manage mailings and mailing lists for all invitations, save the dates and mailing campaigns throughout the year.
- Manage the Philanthropy Policies and Procedures manual and update as changes happen.
- Work with the Finance team to reconcile accounts and sync systems.
- Import all gifts and information from Greater Giving to Raiser's Edge in a timely manner after all events. Track invitees, attendees and gifts in Raiser's Edge.
- Be the point-person for all Raiser's Edge questions and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development of new database processes to meet current and future fundraising goals.
- Prepare materials for all upcoming donor and outreach meetings, including having informational packets prepared for unexpected meetings that arise.
- Schedule meetings for Philanthropy Team members and send meeting invites and reminders.
- Conduct internal (database) and external (web) donor research.
- Keep all department files maintained and organized.
- Collect notes from team members' donor meetings and enter information into Raiser's Edge.
- Draft accurate, personalized and timely donor recognition for gifts; ensure thank you notes go out within 48 hours.
- Take lead role in collecting volunteer hours from Department Directors and Supportive Services Team and inputting into the donor database.
- Perform other administrative support duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative, logistical and event support for Imagine Housing's annual Auction, Opening Doors Breakfast, house parties and other smaller events as they arise.
- Create and send e-invitations and e-save the dates via Constant Contact.
- Coordinate volunteer management for the Auction and Opening Doors Breakfast.
- Own the procurement process for the Auction, including managing relationships with Board members and tracking all procurement using Greater Giving.
- Support the Annual Fund Manager as necessary.
- Keep Imagine Housing's website up to date (WordPress platform).
- Oversee social media, giving Imagine Housing a daily presence on Twitter and Facebook and utilizing LinkedIn, YouTube and other platforms as necessary.
- Collect and post weekly blog articles, providing reminders to staff and volunteers to submit their articles on time for posting.
- Compile and send monthly or quarterly e-newsletters via Constant Contact.
- Keep updated on current housing news and events to promote via social media.
- Manage Imagine Housing's online giving pages via NetCommunity and Greater Giving.
- Manage pledges and billings, including invoicing, billing and receipting of gifts.
- Prepare packets and information for donor meetings.
- Support the public phase of the Capital Campaign through social media, e-mails, website updates, and more.
- Manage ever-changing donor prospect lists and transfer information into database.
- Assist with coordinating community outreach presentations and events throughout the year.
- Order name tags for staff twice a year.
- Order branded merchandise for events and programs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Detail and systems oriented.
- Proactive – able to anticipate arising needs and take ownership over activities.
- Problem solver that is able to synthesize big picture ideas into solid steps.
- Resourceful – able to find solutions using various sources.
- Able to track and prioritize multiple projects at a given time.
- Easy to work with in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelors or a two-year degree with two years of related experience in a business or non-profit setting required.
- 1-2 years of experience with Raiser's Edge or similar Customer Relationship Management software.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with particular proficiency working with Excel and mail merge.
- Experience working with WordPress or another website platform or knowledge of HTML.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Work SchedulePosition is a full time (40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt position. Hours worked will be weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m, or a mutually agreed-upon schedule. Occasional overtime, evening and/or weekend work also may be required.
Salary and BenefitsHourly range is from $16 - $21/hour, with actual hourly rate determined based on experience. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution.
Equal Employment OpportunityImagine Housing is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, the presence of a disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Our equal opportunity policy applies to all phases of employment, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, supervision, training, upgrading, transfer, compensation, benefits, promotion, education and recreation, layoff and termination.
How to ApplyPlease email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position, a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate, your salary history and salary expectations. If you have any questions, please call Hester Winn at (425) 576-5190, ext. 10. Position is open until filled.
For more information on Imagine Housing, go to www.imaginehousing.org.