Operations ManagerPosted on: August 15, 2014
Application deadline: August 31, 2014
Posted by: Girls Who Code
Job location: New York, NY
Position type: Full-time with benefits (medical, dental, and vision) upon completing probationary period
Compensation: $47K - $55K base salary
Who is Girls Who Code?Launched in Spring 2012, Girls Who Code is a national nonprofit organization working to close the gender gap in the technology and engineering sectors. With support from companies like Twitter, Facebook, Google, Intel, Adobe, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and AT&T, Girls Who Code works to educate, inspire, and equip girls with the skills and resources to pursue computing careers.
Together with leading educators, engineers, and entrepreneurs, Girls Who Code has developed a new model for computer science education, pairing intensive instruction in robotics, web design, and mobile development with high-touch mentorship led by the industry's top female developers and entrepreneurs. In 2013, Girls Who Code launched 8 Summer Immersion Programs, and 42 Girls Who Code Clubs nationwide. In 2014, we have expanded our proven Summer Immersion Program to 19 programs nationwide, and dramatically scaled the Girls Who Code Clubs program across the country. We are committed to further scaling our programs and impact in 2015.
We are a small, dynamic group of individuals passionate about changing the world. We thrive on working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We represent a diversity of backgrounds, a wealth of experience, and a ton of fun.
Brief Job SummaryGirls Who Code is searching for a detail and results-oriented Operations Manager to support Girls Who Code's growth.The Operations Manager reports directly to Senior Management and is responsible for administrative tasks, including human resources, finance and IT support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing various data entry and data analysis projects
- Creating and maintaining accurate electronic and paper files and documents
- Providing support to Senior Management, Program Managers, and Lead Teachers on assigned special projects including:
- Track and analyze student enrollment, retention, and achievement data
- Creating and producing value-added detailed reports (using various database management systems and MS Excel) from raw data to identify program performance
- Assure data standardization, integrity of data and operational accuracy of reporting systems
- Finance and Administration (A/P, A/R, and budgeting)Human Resources (recruiting, payroll, orientation and training)
- Facilitating distribution and collection of required documents and reports for both office projects and program sites
- Timely and accurate completion of official forms required for invoicing and payroll
- Providing remote and on-site support or management to GWC programs
- Data entry and Salesforce support
Minimum RequirementsBachelor's degree, 3-5 years of professional work experience, must be proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and Word); must be able to work independently with minimal supervision within the context of a larger team; and must be able to pass a criminal background check.
An excellent candidate fits the following description: experience using database management software and Salesforce tools; customer service orientation; genuine interest in GWC's mission; process optimization focus; adaptable to change and ad hoc requests; superior time management and multi-tasking skills; keen attention to detail; effective communicator with diverse audiences; and willing to travel.