Director of Lending & TrainingPosted on: August 4, 2014
Posted by: Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC)
Employment type: Full-time
Job location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary details: Salary is competitive based on experience and applicable skills. Benefits include vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and pension plan
Who is WORC?The Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally-recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia that promotes social and economic self-sufficiency primarily for women, minorities, and dislocated workers. Its subsidiary, the Economic Opportunities Fund (EOF), is a certified CDFI which provides a wide range of financial products (microloans from $1,000 to $35,000). Our loan fund is capitalized at $1 million. To date, we have made a total of 435 direct loans totaling over $1.5 million. In addition, we have packaged 45 loans totaling more than $4.4 million as an intermediary for the SBA Prequalification Program. WORC was recently approved as an SBA microlender.
Job SummaryOver the next two years, EOF looks to expand its market base and increase its loan volume and capital deployed. We are looking for a professional that is committed to meeting the needs of this underserved market, has demonstrated experience scaling a microenterprise organization and is comfortable with providing services to a diverse population.
- Manages and grows the Direct Lending Program including staff and consultant supervision, program marketing, new product development, portfolio performance, asset/liability management, financial projections and assumptions, underwriting, loan servicing, collections, community partnerships and program evaluation.
- Responsible for loan portfolio quality and performance. Ensures compliance with portfolio standards e.g. those PAR 90 days + is less than 12% and annual write-off below 9%. Implements and monitors credit risk program including risk rating as well as identifying, measuring, controlling, monitoring the risks with periodic reporting to senior management and Board.
- Coordinates and plans the Advisory Council and Loan Committee meetings by setting the agenda, preparing reports and documents, conducting the meetings and recording the minutes.
- Oversees training and TA services to ensure quality service and compliance with contract goals.
- Responsible for grant compliance and reports as needed for funders, Advisory Council or Board of Directors.
- Member of senior management team - develops and implements EOF business plan/marketing plan.
- Fundraising and capitalization - writes grants and secures funding and assists with implementing WORC's overall fundraising strategy.
- Performs other related duties as required.