Feminist Job Board EXCLUSIVE- (You saw it here FIRST!) Fall internship. International Women's Human Rights organization is seeking a Masters student with a background in Communications and/or International Affairs for a 20 hr a week unpaid Communications internship in NYC. Must have stellar writing skills, familiarity with content management systems and web content creation, and be willing to undertake a wide range of admin tasks. Must be able to work in the US.
Please send resume and writing sample to FJB manager email@example.com.
The internship is a great opportunity to work closely with professional communications staff, develop strategic communications skills and learn about the humanitarian field.
- Write, edit and update copy for the website, blog and social media.
- Write and edit copy for print materials.
- Help organize logistics for fundraising events and presentations.
- Source and obtain permission for photographs, video and music for use in multimedia projects.
- Compile weekly news updates for staff.
- Manage the organization’s general email inbox, answering inquiries as necessary.
- Update database of media and other contacts. + list serv
- Communicate with outside vendors as needed.
- Graduate student with communications, public relations or international affairs background or interest.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Thorough research and analytical skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Web- and social media-related experience a plus, especially Joomla.
- Must be willing to do administrative tasks.
Timeframe: Minimum 20 hours a week.
* Please note this is an unpaid internship