Posted on: August 7, 2013
Application deadline: August 23, 2013
Posted by: Out Boulder
The Executive Director is responsible for providing organizational leadership to achieve the mission and vision of Out Boulder, to include ensuring the long-term sustainability of Out Boulder. The Executive Director must work closely with the Out Boulder staff and the Board of Directors to achieve the goals of the organization. In addition to responsibilities for the operational, financial and programmatic health of Out Boulder, the Executive Director will play a primary and critical role in pursuing an ambitious fundraising agenda to strengthen and increase the organization's programs and capacity-building efforts.
The mission of Out Boulder is that Boulder County serves as a model of equality, respect, and wellbeing for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning) people. To achieve our vision, our mission is to foster safe environments for self-expression, gathering, support, and dialogue; advocate for social justice; collaborate with others who share our vision; celebrate the contributions of the many facets of our community; and educate the public about the experiences of LGBTQ people.
40 - 50% Development (primary role)
• Raise sufficient revenue to meet annual expenses with an eye toward increasing revenues for the organization.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that encompasses Special Events, major donor cultivation, corporate sponsorship, and grant writing.
• Create detailed, realistic annual budgets and monitor revenue and expenses throughout the year in partnership with the Treasurer, reporting to board on a quarterly basis.
20 - 25% Community Relations (primary role)
• Create and maintain strong community connections through strategic alliances and outreach within the community, including to other non-profits and local businesses.
• Serve as primary media contact for the organization and provide direction on messaging.
• Oversee organization's response to significant happenings of importance to the LGBTQ community.
15 - 20% Programs (oversight role)
• Ensure that all programs, including Community Events, maintain consistency with the vision and mission of Out Boulder
• Create and implement a 5-year strategic plan, in partnership with the board, monitoring the organization's short- and long-term goals and objectives.
• Support OB's programs by working closely with staff members and contractors to help develop and achieve program goals.
• Support the development of yearly planning with staff and board.
• Meet with staff on a regular basis to provide clear direction, review performance, and benchmark successes and opportunities.
• Support the operations and administration of the Board of Directors, to include: assisting in Board development; advising and informing Board members; attending board meetings; interfacing between Board and staff; and supporting Board's evaluation of the Executive Director.
• Oversee key volunteers, meeting with them regularly and providing direction, training, and evaluation.
BA/BS (Masters preferred) or a minimum of four years equivalent. Computer proficiency required, includes Microsoft Office, GiftWorks, QuickBooks, and Google products. Bilingual Spanish skills a plus.
Out Boulder is an EOE. HIV+/LGBTIQBi-cultural affirmative. People of color strongly encouraged to apply.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and vacation.
Position open until filled. Oct 1, 2013 desired start date.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following:
1. One page cover letter
3. Name, contact information and relationship of three professional references