Seva Mandir, Udaipur (www.sevamandir.org) is looking for someone to join its fund raising team, also called the resource mobilization team.
Seva Mandir, with its head office in Udaipur is a 45 year old organization, with work in over 700 villages of Udaipur and Rajsamand district. Seva Mandir strives to help communities re-discover their ability to improve their lives. Seva Mandir has programmes of natural resource development, health, education, women's empowerment, early child development & sanitation.
1. Work closely with the Incharge to execute and evolve Seva Mandir's fundraising strategy.
2. Represent Seva Mandir to individuals, corporations, foundations. This requires the highest level of professionalism and persuasiveness.
3. You will be needed to write proposals to foreign funders and be involved in report writing.
4. You will also facilitate the visits of important visitors to Seva Mandir and lead them on trips to see the work in the villages.
5. Direct steps of funding process which would include grant writing, reporting and being in regular contact with donors, and improving upon the current communication.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities
1. Candidates preferably from a Journalism background or BA/MA in English Literature.
2. Fluent written and spoken English.
3. Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills .
4. Strong editing skills, including the ability to convert reports into engaging and highly persuasive communications material.
5. Experience with the grant cycle and grant application process.
1. As per the Organisation rules /Negotiableaccording to experience.
2. Excellent benefitsincluding subsidized accommodation, generous vacation, health and accident insurance, travel allowance, provident fund.
3. Exceptionally high job satisfaction. While Seva Mandir cannot compete with the salary schedules of the corporate sector, the work culture and sense of purpose compensate for that. Our employees'average length of service is 13 years, a remarkable testament to our team's dedication and job satisfaction.
How to apply
Send your CV and a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience make you a good match for the position to email@example.com with subject (Application for P.A.-RMU). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 10thFebruary, and an earlier application will be to your advantage.
Seva Mandir, Old Fatehpura, Udaipur, State of Rājasthān, 313001, India