Resource Mobilization And Partnerships Officer, Planned Parenthood Association Of Zambia, Zambia (Z03-USA)
The Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer will work to develop grant proposals as well as identify and build relationships and rapport with potential and recurring donors.
Deadline: February 3, 2015
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Organization: Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia
About: Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a Zambian non-governmental organization, in existence since 1972 as a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-political organization advancing the cause of sexual and reproductive health in Zambia. It is a member association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). PPAZ’s vision is realization of a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and have access to quality and affordable SRH information and services. Our mission is to advocate for sexual and reproductive health rights of women, men and young people, especially the vulnerable, and to empower them to make free and informed reproductive health choices. We dedicate ourselves to the provision of high quality and sustainable youth-focused sexual and reproductive health services.
Since its formation, PPAZ has been a leading organization in Zambia in the area of sexual and reproductive health. PPAZ stands as an organization that responds to the challenges of the unmet needs in reproductive health such as high fertility rates among women, low contraceptive use, high incidence of HIV/AIDS, low use of condoms for HIV prevention, teenage pregnancies, unsafe abortions and inadequate access to services by underprivileged and underserved communities. In Zambia the organization is recognized and appreciated as a reliable service provider and initiator of programs that compliment the Ministry of Health efforts to provide equitable access to health services for all Zambians.
Position Overview: The Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer will work to develop grant proposals as well as identify and build relationships and rapport with potential and recurring donors. They will represent the organization at meetings and strategic gatherings.
- Undertake resource mobilization efforts including writing grant proposals, building new relationships, and traveling for development purposes
- Enhance and position the PPAZ brand strategically to enhance funding and resource generation capabilities
- Respond to requests and invitations to strategic forums for networking, relationship, capacity and rapport building
- Represent the organization at strategic gatherings to clearly articulate PPAZ position on matters regarding sexual and reproductive health
- Undertake work plans, involving donors and critical stakeholders, for all new projects to ensure consensus and alignment
- Work with PPAZ management to identify potential funders and develop written proposals for funding various components of PPAZ’s work
- Assist with data analysis for donor reporting
- Provide project management of the grant application process, including primary responsibility for narrative development and timely submission of grant applications
- Develop directory of all potential funders, donors, and corporations with their contact information
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing grant applications or proposals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Project management experience
- Strong relationship and rapport building skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Experience using social media for promotional purposes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience or knowledge of sexual and reproductive health
- Experience managing donor databases
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
Living Conditions: Fellows will be provided with housing, health insurance and a living stipend of $650/month. Additionally, fellows will receive an award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year. Flights to and from the placement site and all other costs associated with GHC programming are included, including $600 in professional development funds.
*Note: the living stipend and completion award may be paid out in USD or local currency, as determined by the placement organization
Eligible Citizenship: American
To apply to this position click here: http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/application/
Article License: Copyright - Article License Holder: Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia