ArtTable is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the professional lives of more than 1,200 members who are leaders in the visual arts professions nationwide. Through ongoing professional training, leadership development, and skill building programs, ArtTable helps to build women's leadership at all stages of their careers. ArtTable's mentoring programs educate and support a new generation of leaders, and its internship programs encourage women from diverse backgrounds to enter the field.
Working closely with the Executive Director and staff, the Project Manager will oversee the series of national program offerings and internships that support ArtTable's efforts in professional training, leadership development and skill building. S/he will organize and manage training, coaching and mentoring opportunities that enable members to grow their professional toolset. Through research and relationship building, s/he will also work to prepare grant requests for funding these national professional development programs. The successful candidate is a person with managerial experience who is committed to education and training. S/he is a talented writer and an effective project manager with a keen attention to detail. S/he is both an analytical and creative thinker and is able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Educational Program Direction and Management
• Working with chapter leadership, create and manage regional peer to peer mentoring programs for ArtTable professionals.
• Create and manage a series of training webinars on topics of interest to ArtTable membership
• Manage the recruitment, selection, mentorship and evaluation of ArtTable's Summer Diversity Internship programs
• Manage the Career Development Roundtable in New York, a program that brings together graduate students in arts administration and art history with leading professionals in related fields. Collaborate with other chapters on replicating this program nationally
• Manage arts career programming for high school students in New York with intention of replicating nationally.
• Prepare grant requests for funding for these national professional development programs.
ArtTable is seeking a Project Manager with at least two years of experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills
• Experience in planning and managing educational programming for adults
• Proficiency in development and information management software, including Microsoft Office Suite, CRM database software, and Google Documents
• Experience in developing and managing budgets and the ability to establish, track, and report on metrics
• Highly collaborative style and ability to work closely with staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Adept at relationship building and partnership development
• Knowledge of and experience in the visual arts
• Bachelor degree and two years experience working in training, coaching and/or development; graduate degree a plus.
Position available January 2015. ArtTable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter with salary history, resume and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered. No phone calls please. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.