Girls Education Challenge Project Manager, Theatre for a Change, Malawi
GIRLS' EDUCATION CHALLENGE PROJECT MANAGER
Application deadline: January 11, 2015
Posted by:Theatre for a Change The Girls' Education Challenge Project Manager will be responsible for the project management of our large DfiD funded GEC project currently in its second year in Malawi.
The project trains 315 young female agent of change teachers to support 9000 marginalised girls in 225 rural schools in Central and Southern Malawi enrol in school, stay in school and improve their literacy and numeracy. The project also seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of the teachers, girls and their communities. In the longer term, we expect the project to have a positive impact on poverty reduction for marginalised girls and their households.
The project's implementation phase began in February 2014. The project ends in March 2017.
1. Overall project management: project effectively implemented and targets achieved.
2. Learning improving the project: accurate evidence and data are collected and fed back into the project on a monthly basis to achieve maximum impact. Project mid-term reviews and endline evaluations are disseminated and learning fed back into project on a bi-annual basis.
3. Financial management: project finances are effectively managed to ensure compliance to TfaC Finance Policy and donor requirements.
4. Staff management: project staff and teachers are efficient and effective in their project roles.
5. Reporting and partnerships: high quality and timely project reporting, project documentation and proposals are widely documented and circulated among stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position and meet the essential requirements, please submit a letter of application addressing the specific areas of the Job Description and Person Specification with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th January 2015.
A full job and person specification can be downloaded below.