Head Of Grow Campaign
The GROW campaign is about transforming the world’s broken food system so that it works for everyone. It is also about ensuring that the system is fit for a future where natural resource constraints, environmental challenges such as climate change, and a growing population will make feeding the world even harder. The post holder oversees the development of effective strategies to achieve campaign objectives, manages the global campaign team and project manages all aspects of campaign planning and implementation.
Deadline: 17 April 2015
Location: Bangkok or Nairobi (negotiable)
Organization: Oxfam International
ABOUT OXFAM INTERNATIONAL
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty. Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. Oxfam saves lives and helps rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And Oxfam campaigns so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
Lead Oxfam’s global campaign on inequality, Even It Up, as part of Oxfam’s global Financing for Development & Universal Essential Services change goal of Oxfam’s current strategic plan. The Head of Even It Up will ensure the development and implementation of effective worldwide campaigning, while effectively integrating with Oxfam’s program work globally. This position provides overall strategic leadership to the campaign and its teams (particularly the campaign management team), working with Oxfam’s senior campaign leadership team to ensure success in its advocacy and campaigning work.
Deputy Advocacy and Campaigns Director
- Even It Up Campaign Co-ordinator
- Even It Up Global Public Campaign Lead
- Pan-Africa Campaigner on Development Finance & Essential Services
- Even It Up Southern Engagement and Influencing Lead
- Even It Up Global Policy Lead
- Even It Up Special Projects Manager
Campaign leadership and coordination:
- Provide overall leadership, vision, day-to-day management and strategic guidance to the Even It Up campaign.
- Lead the Even It Up Campaign Management Team and oversee Even It Up functional sub-groups.
- Line manage a small team of advocacy, campaign and research staff, and matrix manage Oxfam-affiliate based staff in leadership positions within the Even It Up global campaign team.
- Lead on the implementation of the campaign’s four-year strategic plan, and annual operational plan, and oversee the implementation of related projects and activities, working closely with their respective project leads.
- Ensure the active engagement of national campaigns, advocacy and program staff within the above plans for maximum impact of Oxfam’s campaigning efforts at the national, regional and global levels. Ensure adequate internal and external resourcing for the campaign; including providing oversight and leadership on a wide range of fundraising initiatives and ensuring alignment of resources across multiple teams for maximum effectiveness.
- Ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and learning within the campaign, and drive accountability and adaptation of campaign strategy along with the campaign management team.
- Collaborate with Oxfam’s other worldwide campaigns, and participate in other key OI processes (such as strategic planning) as required by the OI Advocacy and Campaigns Director and Deputy Advocacy and Campaigns Director.
- Ensure the consistency, quality and brand risk management of Even It Up campaign products through OI approval and sign-off processes.
- Provide high level representation for the campaign with media, alliances and targets.
One program approach and implementation of Oxfam’s strategy for building a worldwide influencing network (WIN):
- Ensure coherence of the campaign with Oxfam’s programme work around the world, and put national/regional campaigns in the south at the centre of the campaign.
- Work directly and through the Even It Up Southern Engagement & Influencing Lead with staff based in regions and WIN Teams to support national and regional campaigns and their links to global initiatives.
- Coordinate with thematic program leads to ensure program campaigning integration.
- Provide leadership to the design and implementation of a fundraising strategy for the campaign, working with the public and institutional fundraising teams.
- Working with PE staff to ensure there is a holistic approach to engaging supporters and the public.
- Excellent skills and experience in design and delivery of successful global campaigns.
- Experience in integrated approaches to advocacy and campaigns that includes research, policy, lobbying, media work and popular campaigning.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues related to inequality, and the provision and financing for universal public services such as health and education in the poorest countries.
- Understanding of advocacy and campaigning in developing country contexts.
- Proven experience of line-management, matrix management and team building.
- Proven ability to manage internal and external relationships with senior staff, and high-level contacts and allies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including lobby, media and public presentation skills.
- Strong project management experience.
- Excellent team working and leadership skills.
- Understanding of gender analysis and commitment to promoting gender equity.
- Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively
- Ability to communicate clearly and work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Other languages, particularly French and Spanish, an advantage
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet)
- Flexibility, ability to work effectively under pressure with limited supervision
- Availability to travel up to 10 weeks/year
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- OI Advocacy and Campaigns Director & Deputy Advocacy and Campaigns Director
- Even It Up Campaign Management Team members, as well as the Leads of all functional Even It Up Teams
- Heads of Oxfam’s Grow and Rights in Crisis campaigns
- Senior advocacy and campaign staff in affiliates and countries
Applications must be addressed to Mission Talent via email to email@example.com stating Oxfam-GROW/+your surname in the subject line. Reference:Oxfam-GROW
To apply for this role, kindly attach your CV (in English) and a motivation letter (of 350 words or less) which summarizes how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this role. Kindly send these to us as word files only.
After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation. If you do not receive this (kindly check your spam folder as well), please contact Mission Talent via firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: +49 30 76 77 52 75.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted by Mission Talent for follow-up.
Article License: Copyright - Article License Holder: Mission Talent