Senior Gender Advisor - CINHS
GRI is recruiting for experienced Senior Gender Advisor for the upcoming USAID-funded Comprehensive Integrated Nutrition, Hygiene, and Sanitation Project.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Organization: Gender Resources Inc
ABOUT GENDER RESOURCES:
GRI advances gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal abilities and opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We utilize innovative practices in adult education, communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve programs with tangible impacts for real people. GRI is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) based in San Francisco, California.
GRI is recruiting for experienced Senior Gender Advisor for the upcoming USAID-funded Comprehensive Integrated Nutrition, Hygiene, and Sanitation Project. CINHS is a five-year multi-sectoral, integrated project which focuses on a three-prong approach: improving the delivery of nutrition and hygiene/sanitation specific services within the existing health system mainly through the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS); fostering rapid adoption of optimal nutrition and WASH behaviors at the household and community levels; while increasing availability of nutrition and sanitation products. The Senior Gender Advisor, based in Kabul, Afghanistan, will have overall accountability to ensure strategic development, delivery of project results, and client satisfaction for gender related activities. The Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Manage all gender equity and women’s empowerment activities and staff for the CINHS program
- Serve as the program’s primary point of contact for gender with counterparts and donors
- Oversee gender equity training for program counterparts and beneficiaries
- Lead behavior change communications efforts for
- Support cash transfer programming which effectively reaches mothers and children
- Support women entrepreneurs to develop and sell hygiene and sanitation products and services, including facilitating linkages to existing micro credit opportunities
- Develop small farm schemes for women, including home gardens and small poultry programs
- Identify innovations to save women’s time in the household
- Develop a constructive working relationship with relevant government staff and counterparts
- Oversee production of consultant reports and other assigned project deliverables
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual reports, work-plans, and success stories as required by client and GRI
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCoP
- MPH or MD required
- Ten (10) years experience promoting women’s health, nutrition, water, sanitation, behavior change communications
- Experience training and/or mentoring health service staff on gender equity issues
- Experience with institutional development related to gender equity
- Experience developing sector-specific curriculum and training materials
- Fluency in English required; Dari or Pashto a plus
- Prior experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- The ability to think creatively and be proactive in program management
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, British and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to difficult environments to complete program assignments
To apply, please visit GRI’s jobs board at https://genderresources.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=19.
Pay is commensurate with position and experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
GRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, or pregnancy.
Article License: Copyright - Article License Holder: Gender Resources Inc